Monday 22 November 2010

Russian doll's house

Walking to work in the autumn sun beats chittering home in the pitch black, these days. One route to the Victoria line takes me past a house like the ones I'd draw when I was little - door in the middle, windows scattered round it, with a stubby chimney poking out the roof. It makes me smile.


What caught my eye is that the owners have placed an identical doll's house in the upstairs-middle window. Brilliant!

I found myself cackling in the street like a mental when I first spotted it.

To me it begs the question: is there a smaller house still perched proudly above its mini front door? Does this pattern go on and on, spiraling down to the microscopic (and unhinged)?


I've never got closer than when I took this photo, so I've no idea. I'm happy not knowing; it's better having this child's house half-drawn in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment